Data Card Logs Download551

Data Card Logs Download

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Data Card Logs Download

Post by Daywalker on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Scorge30 had sent me some files in a zip folder for you all to download. These files are for shooting data logs. You can download the one folder which is zipped. It contains all the logs.

Thanks for sharing Scorge30

Shooting Data Cards

Last edited by Daywalker on Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Data Card Logs Download

Post by scorge30 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Thanks DW for posting & you are welcome.

Part of what I love about this hobby is sharing.

Last edited by scorge30 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hit enter by mistake before done)

scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by dcstaber on Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:04 pm

The link doesnt work for me... Sad

dcstaber

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker on Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:07 pm

Hmmm let me see what is wrong.

Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker on Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Ok fixed now. Sorry I had pasted the wrong url......

Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wiederladertv on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Thanks for sharing with us!

wiederladertv

http://www.wiederlader.tv

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:50 pm

You are welcome, unfortunately I do not have a Deutch translation for you.

scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:53 pm

Yes scorge30 is very generous!!!

Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wiederladertv on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:55 pm

scorge30 wrote:You are welcome, unfortunately I do not have a Deutch translation for you.

Thanks! I thing I do not need a translation yet...if I do I use Google or LEO translation! Laughing

wiederladertv

http://www.wiederlader.tv

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:04 pm

Well thats good to know.

These cards are pretty decent but there is always room for improvement.

I started this project because I did not like the commercialy available shooting log books. The cards are not finished & undergo tweaking as I determine a need or discover something new. Other shooters have also shared with me ideas & I have included some of those changes as well. By sharing with so many people I hope we can better the cards as we need them.

By using the Rite in the Rain paper through my laser printer & a small binder from an office supply store I can create a much better shooting log book than many that are from the large suppliers like Voodo Tactical.

My wife is pretty handy with the sewing machine & loves it when I give her an excuse to go the fabric store with a coupon to buy 400 Cordura fabric & big heavy long zippers in Coyote Tan.

She has made several binder covers me for each rifle that I tuck into my kit when I go to shoot. She was able to make them for much cheaper than we could buy them either from Rite in the Rain or Tactical Tailor down in Tacoma that makes some awsome stuff.

The wife also made small padded bags from the same material with a long zipper to store my extra BCGs for my various ARs. This keeps the oil & crap (especially the .22 LR Spike's Tac BCG) from getting on everything else & when they get nasty I toss them in the laundry.

scorge30

Back to top Go down

One Data Card log with explanations

Post by EdgarEg on Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:34 pm

Outdoor Life had an article about shooting logs in their October 2010 issue. It is here:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/guns/rifles/2010/09/shooting-log

And here is the log they offer:

http://fsolmedia.com/OL/ShootingLog.pdf

But that PDF does not have the explanations.

Page 20 of the October 2010 Outdoor Life had the log on the top of the page and at the bottom of the page were detail explanations of each of the 23 areas of the log. That was very helpful.

The article in Outdoor Life
The log

Make your screen wide or you will only see the left side of the log with explanations:

Last edited by EdgarEg on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total

EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:15 pm

Thats a good card too for all purpose shooting. Does leave some to be desired for more tactical course of fire though. Good for practice & to get used to the idea of keeping a card.

scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:20 pm

tsxshooter over at another forum most of us used to belong to, posted the data cards and this binder:

Franklin Covey Desert Camo binder, closeout price $3
http://store.franklinplanner.com/store/category/prod530030/US-Clearance-Binders-%26-Covers/Nylon-Zipper-Binder?skuId=21225

plus a free shipping code 20050. I think a couple of the guys who ordered the free shipping didnt work, they emailed customer service and they fixed it.

perfect size for the data cards. I bought 3, use 1 for data cards, 1 for my EDC bag, and 1 for personal planning.

XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:36 am

Looks like a decent binder cover.

I like the one the wife designed & made for me because it holds my binder with cards, my compass, wind meter, weather data station, GPS, pens & pencils & other clerical miscelanay, as well as tough enough to suffer abuse by a Soldier.

I like the large pocket on the side with its sleeves to tuck my GPS, laser range finder, wind meter, weather station, extra batteries, pencil sharpener, extra mechanical pencil lead, & is still small enough to tuck in to my ruck that hangs on my roller cart.

In a perfect world I would have the same tools in every shooting binder, but I cannot afford so many GPS units & the weather stations. Although with technology improvements a lot of the newer weather stations for sportsmen have all the functions including GPS, although some lack things like elevation, heat stress index, wind chill factor, etc.

I have an old Kestrel 3500 that does a pretty decent job of recording the weather factors but I still need a few other tools to get all the data I like to have.

A compass is still useful for determining angle to target & I have yet to find a GPS with a compass feature that is as easy as a plain lensatic compass.

While a lot of what I record is just for my own edification, it helps to be able to determine how my scope will act if it is -4 outside or 104.

The wife scrathced her head when I explained why I wanted to know how high above sea level I was, the temperature including wind chill and heat stress index, the humidity, wind speed and direction, the GPS coordinates of my shooting position as well as each target, & a whole slew of other information that is only really pertinant to an anal distance shooter.

I still try to shoot at least three times a week although now due to injury & illness most of my shooting is indoor. To get to the outdoor range is a half hour drive each way.

My local outdoor range is only 300 yards but if I want to stretch my shooting distance some I have to go to the public outdoor unregulated range which is an hour & a half away each direction.

Since you have to set up your own bench (some a-hole decided to use the previous ones the state installed for fire wood) as well as all your targets, having a log book of previous set ups helps to speed the process.

scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker on Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:03 am

I have also purchased the binder that XbonesX posted for use with these data cards. I don't carry alot of weather monitering equipment or GPS's or anything like that. For the price they are nice. I had ordered 3, kept 2 and sent one off as a gift.

Either way guys, if you can have one made for you the way you would like it, that makes you a winner. If not, check out the Franklin Coveys. The data cards that Scorge is sharing fits these small binders like a glove...

Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top