CVA APEX VS T/C ENCORE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CVA APEX VS T/C ENCORE

Post by sdsviper on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:36 pm

Ok I'm in the research stage of getting a single shot rifle. As with most money is a big factor but junk is junk at any price. I will be shooting white tail deer at 200yd--300yd+at times (If I can) I have a rem 700 in 30-06 that I have hunted with for years and had great hunts but now I feel the time for a single shot is here. That said I would like input on what gun and cal. Let the flood gates open. Shocked

sdsviper

Back to top Go down

Re: CVA APEX VS T/C ENCORE

Post by Reload3006 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:40 pm

only one single shot rifle that I would do deviate sexual acts for would be a Ruger No.1 that is one solid beautiful accurate rifle. calibers? sheesh. since i cant afford one anyway something exotic.. but really H&R makes a very nice affordable single shot and I believe that it even has interchangeable barrels. A very sweet intermediate range caliber that I have always had the hots for would be a 25-06 but then some of the new WSM rounds are great too.

Last edited by Reload3006 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:49 pm

I was going to say H&R but then I seen your topic did not list that. Between the CVA APEX or the TC Encore, I really not sure. I have heard lots of great stuff about the TC Encore. I know you can get different barrels for it. If I am not mistaken, you can have it in rifle, any caliber, shotgun and muzzle loader so in essence, 3 in 1 type deal.. A far as caliber wise, I think .270 is a good round. For me it would be between .270,.30-06 maybe even a .308

Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:53 pm

I'd go with the T/C.....When I think CVA, all that comes to mind is muzzle loaders....and some of them aren't that great.

Also, plenty of goodies available for the T/C's Smile

hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:58 pm

t/c in 25/06

Travis

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:33 pm

how about the rossi wizard had the interchangeable barrels like the T/C at less than half the cost! and the barrels are alot cheaper!

dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter on Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:06 am

For me personally, I would probably be looking into a TC in either 25-06 or a 300 WSM. Mainly because I've already got a .270 and a .243 so the 25-06 would be somewhere in the middle ground between the two.
Then on the other end of the spectrum the 300 WSM would put me into the 30 caliber family which I don't have any of yet, and even though I don't need a caliber that large for what I hunt, it would be nice to have.

As far as recoil goes, I would definitely opt for the 25-06 over anything else.
Flat shooting, not bad on the shoulder, and plenty big for whitetail and even mulies. Load em down for coyote sized game or up a bit for bigger game.

Here's one I bet you haven't thought of and it's a damn flat shooter, one of the best all time deer, mulie, antelope, and elk calibers there are and that is the .264 Win. Mag.
My uncle has one and it shoots like a lazer beam with 110gr. bullet, but can be loaded up to heavier wts. in the 120-130gr. range and still shoots damn flat.

Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sdsviper on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Man this is getting hard. Shocked

I had a talk with some of memembers of my local gun club they like there T/C rifles. Her's the kicker two have had a chance to shoot the CVA Apex both like them one was in .300 win mag other was 30-06. The guy that shot the 30-06 is going to get one when he can get his hands one the $$$$. They both liked the feel of the gun in hand and trigger is adjustable.

The bad info is that CVA is not keeping up with demand for some barrels and don't make one in 7mm Rem Mag. Mad

As you know T/C has barrels out the wazoo and a lot of after market and used stuff is out there.

Bass pro has a apex combo for $479.00 .234win and .50 cal muzzle loader. They all so have just a .270 with out the .50 cal . for $499.00 Shocked The T/C I want is $839.00 .

May be the guy that is looking to get a Apex will do so soon and let me shoot it. Very Happy

I still think I will go with T/C I just need to hit the loto.

sdsviper

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:55 pm

You are in a perdicumant LOL. I own a cva but it is a muzzel loader. I have the CVA Wolf. Nice Shooter once I get a decent scope for it. I will be shooting my swaged 45 out of it with a sabot.

The T/C is nice and it sounds like the way your going to want to go since you said they have tons of barrels and aftermarket parts that the CVA has to offer. Both are great companies...

Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum